From the maker, Jason Neese:
For a long time, I've wanted to create a pair of gloves that were totally unique and incredibly rare, and offer them as part of a series of similarly special creations. The result is my Signature Collection. This idea is common in the art world, where a single artist will create a collection of completely original, but related, products, and I wanted to bring that concept into our industry. Because of the time required to put together each product, I'll only add to the collection 3-4 times per year at most, but you can bet that those will be supremely interesting, original, and collectible. Pricing will vary with project.
Price: $3,800 (free shipping worldwide); purchase will require coordination, email email@example.com if interested.
(See pictures below)
As the first entrant in the Signature Collection, I spent several months putting together this package. First, I wanted to use some very special leather, and there's no leather on the planet stronger or more special than kangaroo leather. I'd never used it before, so I really didn't know what to expect. I sourced a provider and purchased three of my first ever kangaroo hides in red, blue, and silver. Suffice it to say, if this leather wasn't triple the cost of my normal Italian leather, I would use it exclusively! I've never seen such strong, indestructible leather. It's only produced in very low quantities and most of the colors are small run originals, so that even if I wanted to replicate these gloves, I couldn't do it because of the unavailability of this exact color leather. Plus the hides are only 5-7 square feet, which means you have to very carefully use every bit of the hide, since there's absolutely no margin for error. The coloration on all three hides is very interesting, as it has pearlized characteristics but is a bit more sparkly than normal pearlized leather. It's beautiful!
Some other unique features:
- Custom printed inner liner: I used an American flag greyscale picture, and had it printed on the same fabric that I normally use on all my gloves - it's a very thick poly-satin fabric that is essentially indestructible.
- Debossing stamp: the serial number (in this case, "001") is stamped into the leather on the lower outer wrist area, making a permanent record of the identity of these gloves.
- Red palm stitching: unique to this pair of gloves, I normally only use white thread in the palm, though sometimes, for the right gloves, I'll use black. Red? That's not something you'll see on any other pair of 1v1 gloves.
- Suede glove bag: Built entirely in-house using a brown suede fabric that matches nicely with the genuine cowhide lace that serves as the straps when carrying the bag on your back. I also put the serial number (001) on the back of the bag.
- Custom black box: large magnetic closure black box with the custom logo on top, as well as the serial number (001) for these gloves on the front flap.
- Metal ownership cards: these were made with the same background flag graphic as I used on the inner liner, and I added sections for the owner's name, the serial number of the gloves, and the non-transferable lifetime 15% discount code that comes with these gloves. This information will be engraved on the card after purchase. If you sell the gloves, I can engrave the new name and serial number on a new card, for a small fee.
- Gym bag: Excellent for daily workouts and can withstand all the abuse you'll throw at it, plus it has the custom logo embroidered in a subtle silver color.
- Laces: High quality custom flat 72" laces that have the Signature Collection logo printed along the entire length.
- Inner label: I created a special Signature Collection inner label that is attached inside the gloves along with the standard warning label.
- Certificate of Authenticity: this document can be transferred with sale of the gloves. It lists all the pertinent information about these gloves and is signed and dated by me.
Copyright © 2021 1v1 Fight Gear - All Rights Reserved.